Friday, January 5, 2007

Who's Luckier?

# of Players: 2+
Equipment Needed: None
Time per Game: Varies
Age Group: 15+

I think I started playing this game with friends in college, but it's something that my wife (then girlfriend) and I played in Boston. It's a game to distract yourself when you're needing to kill some time in a place where people-watching is an option. We found it great while waiting in the airport for delayed flights. Be warned -- it's the basest of games I've written about so far, and it brings out the People magazine in you.

As you see a couple walk by, all players make a mental note of which person in the couple is luckier -- in other words, who made the better "catch" in landing the other person as a partner. Since you don't know the couple, you pretty much decide based upon physical appearance, though some factors like attire or attitude might weigh in. After the couple is out of earshot, every player announces who s/he picked. There's not really a winner to this game. Many times, all players will agree on who's luckier. But it's most fun when there's disagreement, since you can have some debate as to what factored into each player's decision.

No comments: